About Me - Alison Moore
I began riding at the age of four at a local stable that was located just one mile down the road from my home. It was here that my love for horses was born!
At Willowdusk Farms, I spent several years riding a variety of different ponies and horses before my parents were kind enough to buy me my first horse: "Fly Away Champ" - a black 15.2hh, AQHA gelding.
Champ and I soon moved to a new stable at the other end of town so that I could further my education and begin showing.
At Fiddler's Green Stables we began on the Trillium circuit (now referred to as the Silver Circuit). It also introduced me to Pony Club.
As a member of the Saint Lawrence Ottawa Valley (SLOV) Pony Club, I enjoyed great success playing Prince Philip Games. Participating in these Mounted Games I was a member of the National Championship team in 1992. I was also chosen as one of five members from across Canada to compete on the International team in Perth Australia in 1994!
Fly Away Champ
Although I started out in the Children's Hunter Division, by the time I moved to my first big "A" circuit stable (Juniper Farms) some seven years later, I had been regularly competing in both the Trillium Hunters on my Thoroughbred mare Montego Bay and the 3'6" Trillium Jumpers with my Mom's horse Calarco, then later on my Belgian Warmblood Luka.
At the age of 16, I moved with Luka (a 17hh, Belgian Warblood gelding by Lys de Darmen) and began training with Bob and Jill Henselwood.
Under Jill's tutelage, I qualified for the High Junior/Amateur Division at the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair in my first full year competing at 1.40m.
During my time at Juniper Farms, I was able to develop and compete with my various horses (Luka, Platoon II, Chakotay, Leobalia and Gloria) from the Low Junior/Amateur Division up to the Rising Star and Modified Grand Prix's.
Highlights included being selected as the junior representive for Canada at the 'Copa Caracas' held in Caracas, Venezuela (1995) and a memeber of the 1996 Ontario Young Riders Team held at Temple Farms (Chicago).
With more than one million dollars in lifetime earnings, Chianto finally retired from competition at the age of 20.
He is currently enjoying his retirement and living with John Pearce at his home farm in California.
The last decade has been spent developing a nice string of well-bred horses competing under saddle, as well as, breeding and raising the next-generation of sport horses.
The young products of our breeding have already been successful in earning top honours from their registries:
- Ellamieka: ster predicate - 2012, prok predicate - 2016, competing at the 1.20m level - 2017
- Faizemieka: keur/elite predicate with an IBOP score of 81.5 - 2013, competing at the 1.45m level - 2018
- Finnan: first premium foal & top 5 with the KWPN-NA - 2010, ster and Top Jumper Gelding in the KWPN-NA keurings - 2014, Winner of the Clay Brook Farms Cup - 2014
- Gwenhwyvar: first premium foal - 2011, keur predicate with an IBOP score of 75.5 - 2014
- Haven: first premium & top foal with the CSHA for their video foal championship - 2012
- Kiernan: first premium foal with the KWPN-NA - 2015
- Lestrade: selected and sold at the Prinjesdag Foal Auction - 2016
- Ladyhawke: Keur, Elite, IBOP, PROK predicates - 2019
- Night's Watch - licensed stallion with the CWHBA - 2020
- Olenna: selected and sold at the Starsale Auctions - 2019
- Payden: selected and sold at the Youhorse.Auction - 2020
- Pendragon: selected and sold at the Starsale Auction - 2020
- Rohan: selected and sold at the Trigon Auctions - 2021
I always look forward to seeing what each new generation will become as they grow and develop!!
Last Update: January 05, 2022